Every morning, we wake up thinking “we make beer for a living, how cool is that?”. We’re ridiculously proud of what we do at Camden Town Brewery, and we have fun whilst we do it. Sound good to you? Then read on!
We started brewing Hells lager in 2010. Ten years, and a shiny second site later, we brew, bottle and keg the equivalent of 1 million pints each week. That’s a lot of beer. Which is why we’re looking for passionate and hardworking people to join our Beer Team.
This role is based Enfield, our state-of-the-art brewery (complete with robot!) which is alongside the River Lea, just a 10-minute train journey from Hackney Downs/Tottenham Hale. We call Enfield the Home of Hells, and it’s where we produce our core range of Hells & Pale and many more!
Our current Head Brewer is moving into a new role focusing on innovation and growth opportunities within our business, leaving an exciting opening for a Head Brewer to oversee the brewing of our award-winning beers at Camden Town Brewery. This is a fantastic opportunity for a beer-loving Head Brewer with strong leadership credentials and a passion for continuous improvement.
- You are passionate about the production of our high-quality beer for our customers and consumers.
- You have previous experience in a similar role and have excellent knowledge of brewing operations.
- Passion for the Brewing industry and leading a team on a journey towards brewing excellence.
- You enjoy working as part of a dynamic leadership team, sharing learnings with others and building relationships with your teammates and other departments.
- You are a strong communicator, as you will be liaising daily with various stakeholders across departments at all levels of the organization.
- You are enthusiastic about problem solving and making things better.
- You thrive working among a diverse group of people.
- Leading our highly qualified brewing team to deliver our award-winning beers - ensuring they are engaged and taking responsibility for their development.
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement and problem solving to achieve great results within the brewing areas as well as cross functional in the supply chain.
- Ensuring safety and food safety standards are adhered to and consistently improved to create better processes in the workplace.
- Managing quality, and quality systems within brewing to maintain a consistently excellent standard of processes and products.
- Meeting the targets at our Enfield site. You will be responsible for driving optimisation across a number of KPIs, challenging the status quo and managing costs of goods and production.
- Contribute to delivering the brewery strategy as part of the site leadership team.
- Developing, motivating and managing the brewing team, performing regular reviews and empowering the team to perform at their best.
- Managing safety in the brewing team, by improving our safety culture and being proactive in the pursuit of zero accidents.
- Delivering on our quality and sensory commitments as defined by the brewery.
- Producing beer; on time, to plan and in line with agreed costs of goods and production.
What we offer:
- Opportunities for training and career progression
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Weekly beer allowance
- Private pension
- Choice of Private Healthcare or Wellbeing Allowance
- Full brewery induction
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Run club, football team, book club
- Access to Wagestream and Safestream
This role is open to all. Camden Town Brewery is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we are proud to pay the London Living Wage and to be Disability Confident Committed.